Through studying Accounting and Finance BA (Hons), you will get to grips with the disciplines and practices needed to kickstart your career in a wide range of industries including accountancy, banking, public services, insurance, taxation and investments. You will acquire the advanced, interdisciplinary skills needed to work in high-level positions at various organisations or you may choose to pursue a professional accountancy qualification upon graduation.
On this course, you will gain an in-depth knowledge of core financial and accounting theory, as well as master the technical skills to equip you to tackle real-world commercial procedures. You’ll learn how to collect and process accounting data for the purposes of financial and managerial accounting to influence strategic decision-making. You’ll delve into the worlds of risk management, asset pricing, taxation and financial markets, and gain an understanding of how accounting fits into the broader context of a business.
A unique combination of theory and practice will empower you to:
- Gain a broad-based education in accounting and finance.
- Develop a combination of sound theoretical and practical skills necessary to start your career.
- Enjoy placement opportunities and engage with leading brands.
- Be eligible for exemption for some ACCA and CIMA examination papers.
While engaging with this degree you will gain theoretical understanding of the topics you are exploring, you will also have opportunities to learn, develop and demonstrate a wide range of practical and applied skills and competencies.
University Academy 92 (UA92) will incorporate practical and competency based assessment of the attainment of the module and programme intended learning outcomes, where that is appropriate.
Assessments will include individual and group work which is undertaken and submitted, in a range of relevant formats, as coursework in-module. These will include case studies using real life scenarios, essays, reports, literature reviews, reflective logs and diaries, self and peer evaluations, group and individual presentations along with subject-specific skills and competency assessment.
Your UA92 degree goes far beyond the traditional academic experience.
UA92 provides you with more than just a degree, we aim to prepare you for life. Through the course you will study a series of subject modules but will also undertake our character and personal development curriculum including Target Talent Curriculum modules, personal development coaching and industry experiences.
Our ambition is to take you on a personal development journey. It’s about discovering just how much you’re capable of, and graduating a better version of you. From leadership to resilience and effective team working, it’s all covered by our Target Talent Curriculum.
We’ll help you build practical skills that will see you graduate ready for the world of work. These include:
- Communication skills in multiple written and oral formats, such as board briefings, analyst presentations and written reports.
- The confidence to shine when giving client presentations.
- Emotional and social intelligence.
- Excellent people skills, and the ability to bring the figures to life for less numerate colleagues.
- Leadership and management skills.
- Writing – from reports to projects.
- Self-motivation and project management.