Through this interdisciplinary business and management degree you’ll get to grips with how organisations are structured and managed, from small enterprises to FTSE 100 companies. You’ll look at funding, growth, culture, law and ethics, sustainability and resource management and cover a wide range of subject areas including economics, accounting, marketing and strategy.
With a combination of theory and practice, you’ll gain a full understanding of complex business organisations and how they operate.
A unique combination of theory and practice will empower you to:
- Encounter a wide variety of management disciplines, and decide your future direction.
- Gain understanding of how these apply in practice in the workplace.
- Undertake work placements with our Industry Partners.
- Understand your leadership potential – and feel confident inspiring others to become their best.
Working on live projects and client briefs, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to put into practice what you have learnt. The network you create will be infinitely valuable to your future career aspirations.
While engaging with this degree you will gain theoretical understanding of the topics you are exploring, you will also have opportunities to learn, develop and demonstrate a wide range of practical and applied skills and competencies.
University Academy 92 (UA92) will incorporate practical and competency based assessment of the attainment of the module and programme intended learning outcomes, where that is appropriate.
Assessments will include individual and group work which is undertaken and submitted, in a range of relevant formats, as coursework in-module. These will include case studies using real life scenarios, essays, reports, literature reviews, reflective logs and diaries, self and peer evaluations, group and individual presentations along with subject-specific skills and competency assessment.
Your UA92 degree goes far beyond the traditional academic experience.
UA92 provides you with more than just a degree, we aim to prepare you for life. Through the course you will study a series of subject modules but will also undertake our character and personal development curriculum including Target Talent Curriculum modules, personal development coaching and industry experiences.
Our ambition is to take you on a personal development journey. It’s about discovering just how much you’re capable of, and graduating a better version of you. From leadership to resilience to effective team working, it’s all covered by our Target Talent Curriculum.
We want to help you develop far beyond the conventional business studies curriculum so you can rise fast, whatever career direction you choose.
You’ll build strong skills in:
- Communication skills in multiple written and oral formats, such as board briefings, analyst presentations and written reports.
- The confidence to shine when giving client presentations.
- Emotional and social intelligence.
- Excellent people skills.
- Leadership and management skills.
- Writing – from reports to projects.
- Self-motivation and project management.