Through theory-based learning and experience, you will develop a range of interdisciplinary skills such as marketing, budget planning, workforce management, logistics, health and safety and law, that will prepare you to launch a career in the events industry or another related sector.
A unique combination of theory and practice will empower you to:
- Be resourceful, resilient and an effective communicator
- Gain a broad-based education in Event Management.
- Develop a combination of sound theoretical and practical skills necessary to start your career.
Manchester is a global destination of choice for many national and international events, so you will have plenty of opportunity to put your newly acquired skills into practice.
As a student, you will benefit from our network of business connections, with opportunities to work on projects with the assistance of our industry partners.
This Event Management course will give you the theoretical understanding of the topics you are exploring, as well as opportunities to learn, develop and demonstrate a wide range of practical and applied skills and competencies.
Assessments will include individual and group work which is undertaken and submitted, in a range of relevant formats, as coursework in-module. These will include essays, reports, literature reviews, reflective logs and diaries, self and peer evaluations, group and individual presentations along with subject-specific skills and competency assessment.
Your UA92 degree goes far beyond the traditional academic experience.
UA92 provides you with more than just a degree, we aim to prepare you for life. Through the course you will study a series of subject modules but will also undertake our character and personal development curriculum including Target Talent Curriculum modules, personal development coaching and industry experiences.
Our ambition is to take you on a personal development journey. It’s about discovering just how much you’re capable of, and graduating a better version of you. From leadership to resilience and effective team working, it’s all covered by our Target Talent Curriculum.
We’ll help you build practical skills that will see you graduate ready for the world of work. These include:
- Communication skills in multiple written and oral formats, such as board briefings, analyst presentations and written reports.
- The confidence to shine when giving client presentations.
- Emotional and social intelligence.
- Great people skills, and the ability to bring the figures to life for less numerate colleagues.
- Leadership and management skills.
- Writing – from essays to projects.
- Self-motivation and project management.
You can start this course in September, November or January.