Study Journalism and work with your peers and professional journalists to create engaging journalism content on a variety of topics. Explore what it means to be a journalist today and why high journalistic standards are more important than ever.
Learn the skills and attributes you need to succeed in this rapidly changing sector and investigate the societal impact this crucial industry has on us all.
There are big questions to open up and answer:
- How does an event become news?
- How do you reconcile the right to privacy with the importance of the freedom of the press?
- Where does the truth lie in a world of fake news and citizen journalism?
This is a course for the bold, the brave and the curious: sharp, passionate, questioning minds who’ll shape our future perspectives.
Grounded in theory, rich in practice, this programme will enable you to:
- Understand the place and practice of journalism in the rapidly changing context of contemporary media and social media.
- Build key critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills essential in a competitive professional environment.
- Develop wide-ranging knowledge of the production, meaning and consumption of various news media, including sport and investigative reporting.
- Gain practical reporting, editing and presenting skills across a range of digital media technologies, techniques and platforms.
- Become an ethically informed, critically minded and highly reflective practitioner.
- Enjoy a relevant placement opportunity with one of UA92’s leading partners.
Your UA92 degree goes far beyond the traditional academic experience.
UA92 provides you with more than just a degree, we aim to prepare you for life. Through the course you will study a series of subject modules but will also undertake our character and personal development curriculum including Target Talent Curriculum modules, personal development coaching and industry experiences.
Our ambition is to take you on a personal development journey. It’s about discovering just how much you’re capable of, and graduating a better version of you. From leadership to resilience and effective team working, it’s all covered by our Target Talent Curriculum.