This is an exciting programme of study which will allow you to create engaging media content for a variety of purposes. In a world dominated by filter bubbles and echo chambers, it’s now more important than ever to understand how the media works and how it can influence us and others.
You’ll gain the key creative skills and practical expertise to plan, create and reflect on the digital communications that are the lifeblood of contemporary society.
A distinctive combination of theory and practice will empower you to:
- Understand what’s happening as you consume mass and social media – how these powerful industries influence, manipulate and inspire.
- Build key critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Develop a wide-ranging knowledge of the production, meaning and consumption of contemporary media.
- Gain practical skills across a range of digital media technologies, techniques and platforms.
- Become a critically informed and highly reflexive media practitioner.
You will master various digital media technologies and techniques. This may include: studio practice; audio-visual equipment; working with still and moving images; sound recording and mixing; textual production; blogging, contemporary social media; apps and adverts. You'll learn via:
- Practice-based sessions.
- Computer suite and media lab work.
- Lectures and seminars.
- Problem-based learning.
- Presentations and demonstrations.
- Industry placements.
- Studio-based work.
- Virtual learning environments.
- Group project meetings.
- Independent study and research.
Your UA92 degree goes far beyond the traditional academic experience.
UA92 provides you with more than just a degree, we aim to prepare you for life. Through the course you will study a series of subject modules but will also undertake our character and personal development curriculum including Target Talent Curriculum modules, personal development coaching and industry experiences.
Our ambition is to take you on a personal development journey. It’s about discovering just how much you’re capable of, and graduating a better version of you. From leadership to resilience and effective team working, it’s all covered by our Target Talent Curriculum.
You will have the opportunity to get to grips with commercial and open source software that might include:
- Adobe Creative Cloud, including Photoshop, InDesign, Premier, and Lightbox.
- Virtual, mixed and augmented reality software.