The importance of sport, exercise and well-being is now recognised not only for its positive effect on health, including the prevention of chronic diseases, but also the therapeutic effects on mental well-being.The physical activity landscape has grown significantly over the last decade, giving consumers much greater choice than ever before.
A new generation of innovative, tech-savvy, entrepreneurial business leaders are needed to meet the challenges of modern-day sport. This interdisciplinary Sport Management course, combines elements of sport, business and events in order to develop adaptable business professionals with a critical understanding of the sport and activity industry.
A unique combination of theory and practice will empower you to:
- Gain a broad-based education in Sport Management.
- Develop a combination of sound theoretical and practical skills necessary to start your career.
- Enjoy placement opportunities and engage with leading brands.
Combining theory and practice, you’ll explore strategies for implementing community-level sport as well as developing appropriate structures and environments for high-performing athletes competing in elite sport. You’ll acquire skills in marketing, operational management and strategic leadership as well as an in-depth understanding of policy development, law and ethics and sports governance.
While engaging with this degree you will gain theoretical understanding of the topics you are exploring, you will also have opportunities to learn, develop and demonstrate a wide range of practical and applied skills and competencies.
Assessments will include individual and group work which is undertaken and submitted, in a range of relevant formats, as coursework in-module. These will include essays, reports, literature reviews, reflective logs and diaries, self and peer evaluations, group and individual presentations along with subject-specific skills and competency assessment.
Your UA92 degree goes far beyond the traditional academic experience.
UA92 provides you with more than just a degree, we aim to prepare you for life. Through the course you will study a series of subject modules but will also undertake our character and personal development curriculum, personal development coaching and industry experiences.
Our ambition is to take you on a personal development journey. It’s about discovering just how much you’re capable of, and graduating a better version of you. From leadership to resilience and effective team working, it’s all covered by our Character and Personal Development curriculum.
We’ll help you build practical skills that will see you graduate ready for the world of work. These include:
- Communication skills in multiple written and oral formats, such as board briefings, analyst presentations and written reports.
- The confidence to shine when giving client presentations.
- Emotional and social intelligence.
- Great people skills, and the ability to bring the figures to life for less numerate colleagues.
- Leadership and management skills.
- Writing – from essays to projects.
- Self-motivation and project management.