The world’s leading sports brands and teams need creative professionals to communicate their key messages through digital media. This degree course will give you the key skills and practical expertise to plan, create and reflect on digital communications that are the lifeblood of contemporary society.
A unique combination of theory and practice will empower you to:
- Understand what’s happening as you consume mass and social media – how these powerful industries influence, manipulate and inspire.
- Build key critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Develop a wide-ranging knowledge of the production, meaning and consumption of contemporary sports media.
- Gain practical skills across a range of digital media technologies, techniques and platforms.
- Become a critically informed and highly reflexive media practitioner.
This course will give you the theoretical understanding of the topics you are exploring, as well as opportunities to learn, develop and demonstrate a wide range of practical and applied skills and competencies.
Assessments will include individual and group work which is undertaken and submitted, in a range of relevant formats, as coursework in-module. These will include essays, reports, literature reviews, reflective logs and diaries, self and peer evaluations, group and individual presentations along with subject-specific skills and competency assessment.
Your UA92 degree goes far beyond the traditional academic experience.
UA92 provides you with more than just a degree, we aim to prepare you for life. Through the course you will study a series of subject modules but will also undertake our character and personal development curriculum including Target Talent Curriculum modules, personal development coaching and industry experiences.
Our ambition is to take you on a personal development journey. It’s about discovering just how much you’re capable of, and graduating a better version of you. From leadership to resilience and effective team working, it’s all covered by our Target Talent Curriculum.
We’ll help you build practical skills, including:
- Adobe Creative Cloud, including Photoshop, InDesign,
- Premier, and Lightbox.
- Virtual, mixed and augmented reality software.
You can start this course in September, November or January.