You will develop your understanding of human performance and its application to sport and exercise. This degree focuses on human performance and exercise in relation to:
• Human responses and adaptations to sport and exercise;
• The performance of sport and exercise and its enhancement, monitoring and analysis;
• Health-related and disease management aspects of exercise and physical activity;
• Policy, planning, management and delivery of sporting opportunities.
A unique combination of theory and practice will empower you to:
- Understand athletic performance across a range of sports.
- Learn how to monitor athletes and sports participants so you can support them to improve their performance and health.
- Develop practical skills using the cutting edge technology in our Human Performance Hub.
- Gain professional qualifications alongside your degree.
- Broaden your critical thinking and build your presentation skills, as you analyse the issues in sports today.
- As you progress, your developing interests and abilities will combine with practical application of advanced equipment, establishing skills vital to securing employment.
You’ll be supported by our team of experienced Sport and Exercise Scientists. Applied learning in our fully equipped, on campus Performance Hub, will enable you to put your knowledge into practice.
Develop your knowledge and understanding through the core Sports and Exercise Science disciplines of Anatomy, Biomechanics,Physiology and Psychology.
- Group and individual tutorials.
- Lab sessions.
- Access to supported digital learning using Microsoft Teams.
- Independent study and research.
- Applied practice – in field practical experiences
- Work-based learning assessments, reports and reflective statements.
- Placement diaries and logbooks.
- Self-evaluations, peer evaluations.
Your UA92 degree goes far beyond the traditional academic experience.
UA92 provides you with more than just a degree, we aim to prepare you for life. Through the course you will study a series of subject modules but will also undertake our character and personal development curriculum, personal development coaching and industry experiences.
Our ambition is to take you on a personal development journey. It’s about discovering just how much you’re capable of, and graduating a better version of you. From leadership to resilience and effective team working, it’s all covered by our Character and Personal Development curriculum.
Our Human Performance Lab will be equipped with cutting-edge technology where you can develop your understanding of the human body.
This space will include:
- Running treadmills.
- Static cycles.
- Breath analysis equipment.
- Blood analysis equipment.
- Equipment for gait and biomechanics analysis.
- Timing gates.
This means you’ll be able to:
- Analyse the use of oxygen by athletes.
- Determine lactate threshold and VO2 max.
- Examine gait analysis data, which can be used to help alter walking or running style to prevent injury.
Yes, this course is available for part-time study.
How can I apply for this course
You can apply for this course through a direct application form available via email at hello@UA92.ac.uk.
When will I study? Wednesdays, 9am - 6pm.
How will I study? You will study 3 modules of 30 credits each spread over 3 12 week blocks.
How much does it cost? £2250 per module, or £6750 per year (assuming 90 credits).
What about finance? Part-time students are entitled to Tuition fee loan but not maintenance funding. Full details can be found at www.gov.uk/student-finance/parttime-students.
I am an International Student, can I apply? This course is available to Home/EU students with no visa requirements. Unfortunately, international students can not apply for this course at this time.
Are the entry requirements the same as the full-time course?
You can start this course in September, November or January.