Study Journalism and learn to create engaging journalism content on a variety of topics. Explore what it means to be a journalist today and why high journalistic standards are more important than ever.
Learn the skills and attributes you need to succeed in this rapidly changing sector and investigate the societal impact this crucial industry has on us all.
There are big questions to open up and answer:
- How does an event become news?
- How do you reconcile the right to privacy with the importance of the freedom of the press?
- Where does the truth lie in a world of fake news and citizen journalism
This is a course for the bold, the brave and the curious: sharp, passionate, questioning minds who’ll shape our future perspectives.
Grounded in theory, rich in practice, this programme will enable you to:
- Understand the place and practice of journalism in the rapidly changing context of contemporary media and social media.
- Build key critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills essential in a competitive professional environment.
- Develop wide-ranging knowledge of the production, meaning and consumption of various news media, including sport and investigative reporting.
- Gain practical reporting, editing and presenting skills across a range of digital media technologies, techniques and platforms.
- Become an ethically informed, critically minded and highly reflective practitioner.
Our Certificate of Higher Education (Cert HE) courses are designed for learners who either:
- want to study for a degree but don’t yet hold the entry requirements for a full degree programme, or
- do not want to commit to a full degree programme at this point but would like a level 4 undergraduate qualification equivalent to the first year of a degree.
The course will allow you to experience university-level study, equivalent to the first year of a degree gaining both subject knowledge and developing personally through the first stage of our Target Talent Curriculum. Upon successful completion of the course, you can leave with a Certificate of Higher Education. Alternatively, you may wish to apply to progress to the full degree programme at UA92.
A student registering for a Certificate of Higher Education can still complete a degree within 3 years.
Your UA92 degree goes far beyond the traditional academic experience.
Not only will you increase your knowledge and journalism skills, but you will also focus on your personal and character development so that you are ready to take on the world after graduation.
Our ambition is to take you on a personal development journey. It’s about discovering just how much you’re capable of, and graduating a better version of you. From leadership to resilience and effective team working, it’s all covered by our Target Talent Curriculum.