This is an exciting programme of study will take a look at how to create engaging media content for a variety of purposes. In a world dominated by filter bubbles and echo chambers, it’s now more important than ever to understand how the media works and how it can influence us and others.
You’ll gain the key creative skills and practical expertise to plan, create and reflect on the digital communications that are the lifeblood of contemporary society.
A distinctive combination of theory and practice will empower you to:
- Understand what’s happening as you consume mass and social media – how these powerful industries influence, manipulate and inspire.
- Build key critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Develop a wide-ranging knowledge of the production, meaning and consumption of contemporary media.
- Gain practical skills across a range of digital media technologies, techniques and platforms.
- Become a critically informed and highly reflexive media practitioner.
Our Certificate of Higher Education (Cert HE) courses are designed for learners who either:
- want to study for a degree but don’t yet hold the entry requirements for a full degree programme, or
- do not want to commit to a full degree programme at this point but would like a level 4 undergraduate qualification equivalent to the first year of a degree.
The course will allow you to experience university-level study, equivalent to the first year of a degree gaining both subject knowledge and developing personally through the first stage of our Target Talent Curriculum. Upon successful completion of the course, you can leave with a Certificate of Higher Education. Alternatively, you may wish to apply to progress to the full degree programme at UA92.
A student registering for a Certificate of Higher Education can still complete a degree within 3 years.
Your UA92 degree goes far beyond the traditional academic experience.
Not only will you increase your knowledge and media and communication skills, but you will also focus on your personal and character development so that you are ready to take on the world after graduation.
Our ambition is to take you on a personal development journey. It’s about discovering just how much you’re capable of, and graduating a better version of you. From leadership to resilience and effective team working, it’s all covered by our Target Talent Curriculum.
You can start this course in September, November or January.