A unique combination of theory and practice will empower you to:
- Understand athletic performance across a range of sports.
- Learn how to monitor athletes and sports participants so you can support them to improve their performance and health.
- Develop practical skills using the cutting edge technology in our Human Performance Hub.
- Gain professional qualifications alongside your degree.
- Broaden your critical thinking and build your presentation skills, as you analyse the issues in sports today.
- As you progress, your developing interests and abilities will combine with practical application of advanced equipment, establishing skills vital to securing employment.
Your UA92 degree goes far beyond the traditional academic experience.
Our ambition is to take you on a personal development journey. It’s about discovering just how much you’re capable of, and graduating a better version of you. From leadership to resilience and effective team working, it’s all covered by our Target Talent Curriculum.
Our Human Performance Lab will be equipped with cutting-edge technology where you can develop your understanding of the human body.
This space will include:
- Running treadmills.
- Static cycles.
- Breath analysis equipment.
- Blood analysis equipment.
- Equipment for gait and biomechanics analysis.
- Timing gates.
This means you’ll be able to:
- Analyse the use of oxygen by athletes.
- Determine lactate threshold and VO2 max.
- Examine gait analysis data, which can be used to help alter walking or running style to prevent injury.