BSc (Hons) Accelerated
Sept 23 / Nov 23 / Jan 24 / Feb 245 / Apr 24 / June 24
2023/24 | 2024/25
This course starts in September 2023. If you want to start prior to September 2023 please see the previous course format BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance Accelerated.
*In line with the UA92 Contextual Admissions Policy, UA92 can accept below the 104 UCAS Points stated above. Alternatively, we have alternate course options that we can discuss with you.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
This Accounting and Financial Management Accelerated degree course will prepare you for a career in areas such as accountancy, auditing, tax advisory, wealth management, banking, business development and organisational leadership.
As a future accounting and finance professional, you will understand the legal, ethical and efficient practices which are critical to the role.
Studying a range of core and advanced accountancy and finance modules, you will gain skills in analysing, planning and decision-making. As well as gaining the knowledge to provide financial advice to public, private and third sector organisations.
This course will enable you to:
- Explore the challenges of operating in a contemporary business environment and how new digital technologies are driving change.
- Develop advanced skills in key areas such as management accounting and financial reporting – getting to grips with contemporary accounting information systems.
- Understand the importance and process of audit and assurance within an organisation and the regulatory framework governing practitioners.
- Get to grips with the complexities of taxation and the implications of inaccurate calculations.
- Explore the legal environment within finance, financial crimes and the growing area of cybercrime.
- Analyse the two dimensions of finance and sustainability.
HOW WILL YOU LEARN IT?
You will gain a solid foundation for your chosen career path. There will be a strong focus on providing practically applicable skills that employers within the industry need and value. With both academic and practical experience, you will be prepared to unlock your future career aspirations.
- Your theoretical understanding will be enhanced by opportunities to learn, develop and demonstrate a wide range of practical and applied skills and competencies.
- You’ll work closely with our industry partners such as KMPG, in order to gain a full insight into the business working environment.
- No traditional end-of-year exams. Assessments will be practical and competency-based where possible* including individual and group work in a range of formats such as case studies, essays, reports, literature reviews, reflective logs and diaries, self and peer evaluations, audio/visual projects and presentations.
DEVELOP MORE THAN SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
UA92 provides you with more than just a degree, we aim to prepare you for life. Each academic year, in addition to your six subject modules, you’ll study an extra credit-bearing module, which focuses entirely on character and personal development.
- Take on a real-life project, based on a live scenario, set by one of our industry partners.
- Experience first-hand the current issues facing the industry
- Develop transferable skills and key competencies such as leadership, resilience and well-being, communication, problem-solving and team-working.
- Meet regularly with your own personal development coach throughout years 1 & 2.
HOW WILL YOU STUDY?
As a student on the two-year, Accounting and Financial Management BA accelerated degree course, your academic year is split into six blocks. Each study block is six weeks long, therefore your course will be delivered over a total of 36 weeks per year.
- In each block you will study just 1 subject module, allowing you to focus your learning. You’ll study topics in depth, often working in small groups with academic experts and advanced practitioners.
- We offer a straightforward AM/PM timetable. If you are a morning student, your classes will be from 9am-1pm every weekday except Wednesdays. Afternoon students, classes will be from 2pm-6pm.
- Digital Wednesdays are your time to catch up on independent learning, assignments, projects or play for your UA92 sports team.
Contemporary Business Environment
Principles of Financial and Management Accounting
Accounting in the Digital World
Data and Decision Making
Managing Risk and Performance
Green Accounting and Corporate Governance
Financial Management and FinTech
Financial Reporting and Taxation
Forensic Accounting and Assurance
Technology and Business Model Innovation
Level 3 Entry Requirements (Degrees and Accelerated)
UCAS Points: 104
A Levels: BCC (104 equivalent)
BTEC National Extended Diploma: DMM
BTEC Diploma: D*D
T Levels: M
Scottish Advanced Highers: AB
IB: 28 points with 14 from Higher Level Subjects
IELTS: Overall score of 6.0, with no section lower than 5.5
Level 2 Entry Requirements (Degrees and Accelerated)
All degrees, other than those listed below*: 5 GCSEs at Grade C/4 or above including English Language
Accepted Alternatives: Functional Skills Level 2 (English and Maths)
*BSc (Hons) Computer Science: Maths at Grade C/4 must be one of the 5 GCSEs *BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance: Maths at Grade C/4 must be one of the 5 GCSEs *BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science: Maths at Grade C/4 must be one of the 5 GCSEs