Apply now to start your studies in 2023. Call 0300 131 9292.
BA (Hons) Accelerated
Sept / Jan / Apr
2023/24 / 2024/25
*In line with the UA92 Contextual Admissions Policy, UA92 can accept below the 104 UCAS Points stated above. Alternatively, we have alternate course options that we can discuss with you.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
This course will prepare you for a career in areas such as sports development, sports education and coaching, sports and leisure management, sports events management and sports marketing and public relations. Studying a combination of interdisciplinary sports and business modules, you will develop the knowledge and skills to take up a managerial position in the ever-expanding sport and activity industry.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the contemporary sports industry from a business perspective – understanding the internal and external forces, the legal, ethical and regulatory constraints and governmental and institutional structures.
- Understand how to develop and deliver community sport and manage appropriate structures and environments for elite sport.
- Develop your critical thinking skills necessary to undertake research, develop advanced practice and tackle the contemporary issues and challenges associated with modern sport.
- Examine methods and approaches widely used by sports organisations in collecting, analysing and utilising data on sports customers, participants, fans, spectators and viewers, in order to improve efficiency and financial performance.
- Learn how to develop strategies, using operations management and framework technique to design, plan, and control operations and explore ways to improve business performance.
HOW WILL YOU LEARN IT?
You will gain a solid foundation for your chosen career path, with a strong focus on providing practically applicable skills that employers within the industry need and value. With both academic and practical experience, you will be prepared to unlock your future career aspirations.
- Your theoretical understanding will be enhanced by opportunities to learn, develop and demonstrate a wide range of practical and applied skills and competencies.
- You’ll work closely with our industry partners such as KPMG, CIMA, Manchester United and Lancashire Cricket Club in order to gain a full insight into the business working environment.
- No traditional end-of-year exams. Assessments will be practical and competency-based where possible* including individual and group work in a range of formats such as case studies, essays, reports, literature reviews, reflective logs and diaries, self and peer evaluations, audio/visual projects and presentations.
DEVELOP MORE THAN SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
UA92 provides you with more than just a degree, we aim to prepare you for life. Each academic year, in addition to your four subject modules, you’ll study an extra credit-bearing module, which focuses entirely on character and personal development.
- Take on a real-life project, based on a live scenario, set by one of our industry partners.
- Experience first-hand the current issues facing the industry
- Develop transferable skills and key competencies such as leadership, resilience and well-being, communication, problem-solving and team-working.
- Meet regularly with your own personal development coach.
HOW WILL YOU STUDY?
As a student on the two-year, accelerated degree course your academic year is split into six blocks. Each study block is six weeks long, therefore your course will be delivered over a total of 36 weeks per year.
- In each block you will study just 1 subject module, allowing you to focus your learning. You’ll study topics in depth, often working in small groups with academic experts and advanced practitioners.
- We offer a straightforward AM/PM timetable. If you are a morning student your classes will be from 9am-1pm every weekday except Wednesdays. Afternoon students, classes will be from 2pm-6pm.
- Digital Wednesdays are your time to catch up on independent learning, assignments, projects or play for your UA92 sports team.
Management and Organisations
Introduction to Sports Management and Marketing
Introduction to Sports and Exercise Psychology
Introduction to Sports Events Management
Sports Law and Ethics
Sports Operations Management
Sports Business Analytics
Sports Policy and Development
Contemporary Issues in Sports Management
Level 3 Entry Requirements (Degrees and Accelerated)
UCAS Points: 104
A Levels: BCC (104 equivalent)
BTEC National Extended Diploma: DMM
BTEC Diploma: D*D
T Levels: M
Scottish Advanced Highers: AB
IB: 28 points with 14 from Higher Level Subjects
IELTS: Overall score of 6.5, with no section lower than 5.5
Level 2 Entry Requirements (Degrees and Accelerated)
All degrees, other than those listed below*: 5 GCSEs at Grade C/4 or above including English Language
Accepted Alternatives: Functional Skills Level 2 (English and Maths)
*BSc (Hons) Computer Science: Maths at Grade C/4 must be one of the 5 GCSEs *BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance: Maths at Grade C/4 must be one of the 5 GCSEs *BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science: Maths at Grade C/4 must be one of the 5 GCSEs
BASED AT OUR OLD TRAFFORD CAMPUS
Old Trafford Campus
This is where our story began, back in 2019. The UA92 Campus is in the heart of Old Trafford, Manchester. Inside there’s a fully equipped Sports Performance Centre, Media Studio and Digital Academy. The tram stop is a 1 minute walk, which gets you into the heart of Manchester city-centre in under 10 minutes.
Brian Statham Way