Sep 23 / Nov 23 / Jan 24 / Feb 24 / Apr 24 / Jun 24
*In line with the UA92 Contextual Admissions Policy, UA92 can accept below the 104 UCAS Points stated above. Alternatively, we have alternate course options that we can discuss with you.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
This Business Management degree course will give you an understanding of the societal and technological drivers of change within a business environment, as well as the ethical and environmental implications.
As a result, you will have the core knowledge and skills to provide responsible leadership, harness innovation and manage performance. Plus, deliver value to organisations, consumers, investors and the communities in which you operate.
Studying a combination of interdisciplinary business and management modules, you’ll gain a detailed understanding of the factors which influence business decisions and how organisations are structured and managed, from small enterprises to FTSE 100 companies.
- Develop a broad understanding of the contemporary business environment and foster a practical understanding of the commercial opportunities and challenges facing businesses.
- Manage risk and financial resources including how to assess, quantify and mitigate risks, as well as raise and manage finance for a sustainable financial future.
- Understand the approaches used in analysing business data, including predictive analytics, regression analysis, time-series analysis, big data, and machine learning.
- Explore the principal aspects of the marketing function, including issues of product design, distribution, pricing and promotion, with a focus on marketing in a digital environment.
- Look at the core concepts in organisational behaviour and contemporary management theory in order to effectively manage human resources and change.
WHAT ARE THE CAREER OPTIONS?
A Business Management degree can be applied in a number of private, public and voluntary sectors such as retail, finance, health, FMCG, charity and construction.
As a graduate, you will have the knowledge and skills to pursue a career in business development, marketing, human resources, management consultancy, project management, supply chain or investments.
HOW WILL YOU LEARN IT?
You will gain a solid foundation for your chosen career path, with a strong focus on providing practically applicable skills that employers within the industry need and value. With both academic and practical experience, you will be prepared to unlock your future career aspirations.
- Your theoretical understanding will be enhanced by opportunities to learn, develop and demonstrate a wide range of practical and applied skills and competencies.
- You’ll work closely with our industry partners such as KMPG in order to gain a full insight into the business working environment.
- Assessments will be practical and competency-based where possible* including individual and group work in a range of formats such as case studies, essays, reports, literature reviews, reflective logs and diaries, self and peer evaluations, audio/visual projects and presentations. Business Management students will complete one exam during their studies.
DEVELOP MORE THAN SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
UA92 provides you with more than just a degree, we aim to prepare you for life. Each academic year, in addition to your four subject modules, you’ll study an extra credit-bearing module, which focuses entirely on character and personal development.
- Take on a real-life project, based on a live scenario, set by one of our industry partners.
- Experience first-hand the current issues facing the industry
- Develop transferable skills and key competencies such as leadership, resilience and well-being, communication, problem-solving and team-working.
- Meet regularly with your own personal development coach throughout years 1 & 2.
HOW WILL YOU STUDY?
As a student on a three-year, full-time, degree course your academic year is split into six blocks, of which you will study for four. Each study block is six weeks long, therefore your course will be delivered over a total of 24 weeks per year.
- In each block you will study just 1 subject module, allowing you to focus your learning. You’ll study topics in depth, often working in small groups with academic experts and advanced practitioners.
- We offer a straightforward AM/PM timetable. If you are a morning student your classes will be from 9am-1pm every weekday except Wednesdays. Afternoon students, classes will be from 2pm-6pm.
- Digital Wednesdays are your time to catch up on independent learning, assignments, projects or play for your UA92 sports team.
Level 4 (Year 1)
Contemporary Business Environment
Managing Finance and Risk
Managing in the Digital World
Data and Decision Making
Level 5 (Year 2)
Operations and Sustainability
Marketing and Digitalisation
Human Resource Management (HRM) and Leading People
Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Level 6 (Year 3)
Strategy and Ethical Leadership
Technology and Business Model Innovation
Level 3 Entry Requirements (Degrees & Accelerated)
UCAS Points: 104
A Levels: BCC (104 equivalent)
BTEC National Extended Diploma: DMM
BTEC Diploma: D*D
T Levels: M
Scottish Advanced Highers: AB
IB: 28 points with 14 from Higher Level Subjects
IELTS: Overall score of 6.0, with no section lower than 5.5
Level 2 Entry Requirements (Degrees & Accelerated)
All degrees, other than those listed below*: 5 GCSEs at Grade C/4 or above including English Language
Accepted Alternatives: Functional Skills Level 2 (English and Maths)
*BSc (Hons) Computer Science: Maths at Grade C/4 must be one of the 5 GCSEs *BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance: Maths at Grade C/4 must be one of the 5 GCSEs *BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science: Maths at Grade C/4 must be one of the 5 GCSEs