Sept 23 / Nov 23 / Jan 24 / Feb 24 / Apr 24 / Jun 24
*In line with the UA92 Contextual Admissions Policy, UA92 can accept below the 64 UCAS Points stated above. Alternatively, we have alternate course options that we can discuss with you.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
Experience University-level study, equivalent to the first year of a degree.
This Business Management Cert HE course will give you an understanding of the societal and technological drivers of change within a business environment, as well as the ethical and environmental implications.
Also, you will:
- Look at the contemporary business environment and foster a practical understanding of the commercial opportunities and challenges facing businesses.
- Understand the core issues in managing risk and financial resources.
- Explore into the core concepts in organisational behaviour and contemporary management theory.
- Discover a range of approaches used in analysing business data.
WHAT ARE THE CAREER OPTIONS?
After completing the Business Management Cert HE, you have the option to progress into the 2nd year of the degree course.
Or you can choose to apply your skills in a number of private, public and voluntary sectors such as retail, finance, health, FMCG, charity and construction. With a Business Management Cert HE, you will have the knowledge and skills to pursue a career in business development, marketing, human resources, management consultancy, project management, supply chain or investments.
HOW WILL YOU LEARN IT?
By studying a Business Management Cert HE, you will gain a solid foundation for your chosen career path. There’s a strong focus on providing practically applicable skills that employers within the industry need and value. On completion of the course, you will be prepared to take the next steps in your career or progress onto the full degree programme.
- Enhance your theoretical understanding with opportunities to learn, develop and demonstrate a wide range of practical and applied skills and competencies.
- Work closely with our industry partners such as KMPG to gain a full insight into the business working environment.
- No traditional end-of-year exams. Assessments will be practical and competency-based where possible* including individual and group work in a range of formats such as case studies, essays, reports, literature reviews, reflective logs and diaries, self and peer evaluations, audio/visual projects and presentations.
DEVELOP MORE THAN SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
UA92 provides you with more than just a degree, we aim to prepare you for life. In addition to your four subject modules, you’ll study an extra credit-bearing module, which focuses entirely on character and personal development.
- Take on a real-life project, based on a live scenario, set by one of our industry partners.
- Develop transferable skills and key competencies.
- Meet regularly with your own personal development coach.
HOW WILL YOU STUDY?
As a student on the 1-year, Business Management Cert HE course, your academic year is split into six blocks of which you will study four. Each study block is six weeks long, therefore your course will be delivered over a total of 24 weeks.
- In each block you will study just 1 subject module, allowing you to focus your learning. A Cert HE will give you a solid foundation of skills, often working in small groups with academic experts and advanced practitioners.
- We offer a straightforward AM/PM timetable. If you are a morning student, your classes will be from 9am-1pm every weekday except Wednesdays. Afternoon students, classes will be from 2pm-6pm.
- Digital Wednesdays are your time to catch up on independent learning, assignments, projects or play for your UA92 sports team.
Contemporary Business Environment
Managing Finance and Risk
Managing in the Digital World
Data and Decision Making
Level 3 Entry Requirements (CertHEs)
UCAS Points: 64
A Levels: CC (64 equivalent)
BTEC National Extended Diploma: MPP
BTEC Diploma: MM
T Levels: P (C+)
Scottish Advanced Highers: DD
IB: 24 points with 14 from Higher Level Subjects
IELTS: Overall score of 6.0, with no section lower than 5.5
Level 2 Entry Requirements (CertHEs)
All CertHEs, other than those listed below*: 2 GCSEs at Grade C/ 4 or above including English Language
Accepted Alternatives: Functional Skills Level 2 (English and Maths)
*CertHE Software Development: Maths at Grade C/4 must be one of the 2 GCSEs *CertHE Software Development: Maths at Grade C/4 must be one of the 2 GCSEs *CertHE Software Development: Maths at Grade C/4 must be one of the 2 GCSEs