BA (Hons) Accelerated
Sept 22 / Jan 23 / Apr 23 | Sept 23 / Jan 24 / Apr 24
2022/23 / 2023/24
*In line with the UA92 Contextual Admissions Policy, UA92 can accept below the 104 UCAS Points stated above. Alternatively, we have alternate course options that we can discuss with you.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
This course will prepare you for a career in areas such as event management, hospitality management, marketing and PR or charity fundraising. Studying a combination of interdisciplinary modules, you will take an in-depth look at the many phases of events management and understand what it takes to organise, manage and deliver memorable and successful events.
- Develop a range of skills in events planning and production such as marketing, budget planning, workforce management, logistics and health and safety management.
- You’ll gain the knowledge and skills necessary to research, plan, design and implement a range of event types in diverse settings – understanding legal requirements that must be considered when planning and executing an event.
- Look at opportunities to generate revenue or funding and how to successfully manage an event budget.
- Develop an awareness of global issues that influence the decision making process and inform strategic choice such as internal and external factors, sustainability and ethics and international culture.
HOW WILL YOU LEARN IT?
You will gain a solid foundation for your chosen career path, with a strong focus on providing practically applicable skills that employers within the industry need and value. With both academic and practical experience, you will be prepared to unlock your future career aspirations.
- Your theoretical understanding will be enhanced by opportunities to learn, develop and demonstrate a wide range of practical and applied skills and competencies.
- You’ll work closely with our industry partners such as KMPG and CIMA in order to gain a full insight into the business working environment.
- No traditional end-of-year exams. Assessments will be practical and competency-based where possible* including individual and group work in a range of formats such as case studies, essays, reports, literature reviews, reflective logs and diaries, self and peer evaluations, audio/visual projects and presentations.
DEVELOP MORE THAN SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
UA92 provides you with more than just a degree, we aim to prepare you for life. Each academic year, in addition to your four subject modules, you’ll study an extra credit-bearing module, which focuses entirely on character and personal development.
- Take on a real-life project, based on a live scenario, set by one of our industry partners.
- Experience first-hand the current issues facing the industry
- Develop transferable skills and key competencies such as leadership, resilience and well-being, communication, problem-solving and team-working.
- Meet regularly with your own personal development coach.
HOW WILL YOU STUDY?
As a student on a two-year, accelerated, degree course your academic year is split into six blocks. Each study block is six weeks long, therefore your course will be delivered over a total of 36 weeks per year.
- In each block you will study just 1 subject module, allowing you to focus your learning. You’ll study topics in depth, often working in small groups with academic experts and advanced practitioners.
- We offer a straightforward AM/PM timetable. If you are a morning student your classes will be from 9am-1pm every weekday except Wednesdays. Afternoon students, classes will be from 2pm-6pm.
- Digital Wednesdays are your time to catch up on independent learning, assignments, projects or play for your UA92 sports team.
Events Planning and Production
Introduction to Events Management
Introduction to Business Finance
Managing the Event Workforce
Professional Events Practice
Event Legislation and Law
Digital Marketing and Revenue for Events Management
Strategic Management for Event Organisations
Responsible Event Management
Contemporary Issues In Events Management
Level 3 Entry Requirements (Degrees and Accelerated)
UCAS Points: 104
A Levels: BCC (104 equivalent)
BTEC National Extended Diploma: DMM
BTEC Diploma: D*D
T Levels: M
Scottish Advanced Highers: AB
IB: 28 points with 14 from Higher Level Subjects
IELTS: Overall score of 6.0, with no section lower than 5.5
Level 2 Entry Requirements (Degrees and Accelerated)
All degrees, other than those listed below*: 5 GCSEs at Grade C/4 or above including English Language
Accepted Alternatives: Functional Skills Level 2 (English and Maths)
*BSc (Hons) Computer Science: Maths at Grade C/4 must be one of the 5 GCSEs *BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance: Maths at Grade C/4 must be one of the 5 GCSEs *BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science: Maths at Grade C/4 must be one of the 5 GCSEs