Apply now to start your studies in 2023. Call 0300 131 9292.
Sept / Nov / Jan / Feb / Apr / Jun
2023/24 / 2024/25
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
Experience university-level study, equivalent to the first year of a degree. This course will prepare you for sports development roles in both education or community settings. You will learn how to inspire others to embrace physical activity and promote healthy and holistic well-being choices.
- Understand how young people and adults engage with physical activity, exercise and sport.
- Explore teaching and learning theories that will help you deliver appropriate teaching activities across a variety of settings.
- Understand the workings of the human anatomy, physiology and psychology and gain hands on experience with specialist equipment in our human performance hub.
- Gain knowledge from Sports and Exercise Science disciplines, as well as the legal requirements and techniques required and needed for engaging and protecting participants.
HOW WILL YOU LEARN IT?
You will gain a solid foundation for your chosen career path, with a strong focus on providing practically applicable skills that employers within the industry need and value. With both academic and practical experience, you will be prepared to unlock your future career aspirations.
- Develop your understanding of the role and benefit of technology through use of our specialist multipurpose teaching zones (e.g., Performance Hub) and partner facilities.
- Your theoretical understanding will be enhanced by opportunities to learn, develop and demonstrate a wide range of practical and applied skills and competencies.
- You’ll work closely with local schools within and beyond our community as well as our industry partners such as Manchester United and Salford City FC, who provide guest sessions, industry-based insight days and placements to UA92 students.
- No traditional end-of-year exams. Assessments will be practical and competency-based where possible* including individual and group work in a range of formats such as case studies, essays, reports, literature reviews, reflective logs and diaries, self and peer evaluations, audio/visual projects and presentations.
DEVELOP MORE THAN SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
UA92 provides you with more than just a degree, we aim to prepare you for life. In addition to your four subject modules, you’ll study an extra credit-bearing module, which focuses entirely on character and personal development.
- Take on a real-life project, based on a live scenario, set by one of our industry partners.
- Develop transferable skills and key competencies.
- Meet regularly with your own personal development coach.
HOW WILL YOU STUDY?
As a student on the one-year, Cert HE course, your academic year is split into six blocks of which you will study for four. Each study block is six weeks long, therefore your course will be delivered over a total of 24 weeks.
- In each block you will study just 1 subject module, allowing you to focus your learning. You’ll study topics in depth, often working in small groups with academic experts and advanced practitioners.
- We offer a straightforward AM/PM timetable. If you are a morning student your classes will be from 9am-1pm every weekday except Wednesdays. Afternoon students, classes will be from 2pm-6pm.
- Digital Wednesdays are your time to catch up on independent learning, assignments, projects or play for your UA92 sports team.
Introduction to Human Anatomy and Physiology
Introduction to Sport and Exercise Psychology
Introduction to Coaching Theory and Practice
Introduction to Teaching in Physical Education
Level 3 Entry Requirements (CertHEs)
UCAS Points: 64
A Levels: CC (64 equivalent)
BTEC National Extended Diploma: MPP
BTEC Diploma: MM
T Levels: P (C+)
Scottish Advanced Highers: DD
IB: 24 points with 14 from Higher Level Subjects
IELTS: Overall score of 6.5, with no section lower than 5.5
Level 2 Entry Requirements (CertHEs)
All CertHEs, other than those listed below*: 2 GCSEs at Grade C/ 4 or above including English Language
Accepted Alternatives: Functional Skills Level 2 (English and Maths)
BASED AT OUR OLD TRAFFORD CAMPUS
Old Trafford Campus
This is where our story began, back in 2019. The UA92 Campus is in the heart of Old Trafford, Manchester. Inside there’s a fully equipped Sports Performance Centre, Media Studio and Digital Academy. The tram stop is a 1 minute walk, which gets you into the heart of Manchester city-centre in under 10 minutes.
Brian Statham Way