There’s another 5 weeks until you officially become aUA92 student and there’s lots you can do to make sure you’re fully prepped for the start of your higher education journey. Here’s a handy checklist to help you tick off those all-important admin tasks and start to plan your arrival.
- Read your Pre-Arrival Guide – make sure you read this handy guide that’s been emailed to you. It has lots of helpful tips, important actions and a sneak peek at what to expect during Welcome week. Not received it? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll resend it to you.
- Make sure your Student Finance application is up to date – if you’ve already applied for student finance it’s worth just checking that all the details in your application are correct. Particularly if you’ve changed your course, moved house or started a new email account, since you first submitted your application.
- Book your student
accommodation – choosing where to live is one of the best bits and you won’t be disappointed with the quality of your options at UA92. Take a look at Academy Apartments and Westpoint, both with a variety of stunning and affordable apartments for UA92 students.
- Get familiar with your timetable – we’ll let you know if you are a morning (9am-1pm) or afternoon (2pm-6pm) student in early September, so you can start to plan your time and work in your other commitments. From September, we plan to teach our normal delivery pattern with 16 hours face-to-face teaching on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and four hours digital learning on a Wednesday, completed in your own time.
- Book your welcome events – get all the latest updates about what’s happening during Welcome by joining the Facebook group for new UA92 students. You can also check out the Welcome page on our website for more exciting news about what’s happening during your first week.
- Open a student bank account – if you’re money savvy, you’ll already know, there are lots of perks to having a student bank account. Some even give you cash-back for joining or free railcards for big discounts on travel. Shop around and see what deals you can find! Don’t be completely swayed by the freebies though and look out for practical things like guaranteed 0% overdraft limits.
- Explore your new home – the UA92 campus is less than 10 mins from Manchester city centre where you’ll never be short of things to do and places to see. More locally, Old Trafford is a vibrant hub for some of the country’s biggest sporting events. With a number of large retailers and supermarkets at the busy White City Retail Park and smaller independent cafes and shops in nearby Stretford and Chorlton– there’s something for everyone.
- Check if you’re eligible for financial support – not to be confused with your tuition fee and maintenance loans which you apply for via Student Finance England. UA92 has a number of scholarships and bursaries worth up to £5,000 available to students. We have sent you a survey regarding this, if you haven’t completed it, please do so ASAP. If you haven’t received the survey, please email email@example.com
- Start online registration – to officially become a fully-fledged UA92 student you will need to complete online registration. Don’t worry, you can’t do anything yet, just hang fire and be on the lookout for further information dropping into your inbox soon. You will be able to start this before you arrive.
- Make travel arrangements – whether you’re coming from down the road or another country it’s worth thinking about how you’re going to get here. The UA92 campus is well connected to Manchester’s major train stations, international airport and motorway network. If you’re coming from another country, keep a regular check on the UK Government website for the latest restrictions on arrival.
If you have any questions about any of the above, here are some helpful links and contacts:
Admissions and Student Finance:
Student well-being and inclusive support:
UA92 Welcome queries: