£30,000 - £37,000
PROUD TO BE DELIBERATELY DIFFERENT
UA92 CONTINUE TO BUILD A ‘BEST IN CLASS’ TEAM OF CHANGE MAKERS, EXPERT EDUCATORS AND EXPERIENCED PROFESSIONALS, WITH THE PASSION AND ABILITY TO DRIVE OUR GAME-CHANGING ORGANISATION FORWARD.
At UA92, you will have the opportunity to make an impact in an organisation where change is constant, challenging convention is embraced and the overall vision is big!
If you’re a value driven, forward-thinking, one team player with an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for career-making higher education, then we want to hear from you.
The Careers Service Manager role is a unique opportunity to design and shape an innovative careers offering in Higher Education which challenges the status quo of what a typical careers service looks like.
You will deliver innovative and engaging careers and employability initiatives which directly impact graduate outcomes and employability of the student body and alumni community. You will empower students to effectively explore career opportunities, develop job-seeking skills development, and engage in career planning.
- Develop and deliver information and training sessions on recruitment & selection (CVs, application forms, interview skills, assessment centres), occupational research, and effective job search strategies, organising employer facing events and offering research-based labour market information to both UA92 students and staff
- Provide professional careers guidance (one-to-one and group) to students and graduates, applying the most relevant and up-to-date labour market information and careers resources available
- Work alongside the Academic team and Partnerships team to support students to develop their employability skills, secure meaningful work experience and graduate jobs working closely with the Partnerships Manager.
- Coach, mentor and support students and recent graduates to develop and launch their entrepreneurial and innovative ideas collaborating with the wider UA92 community and our partners including Manchester Utd, Microsoft, TalkTalk, Lancashire Cricket, and more.
- Conduct, evaluate, analyse, and report on qualitative and quantitative data on students’ needs, labour market trends, local labour market knowledge and skills gaps, and take the lead on tracking graduate outcomes in line with regulation
- Collaborate with colleagues across UA92 to enhance both the inside- and outside-the-classroom experience to maximise opportunities for student and graduate success.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for someone who’s forward-thinking with bold ideas for what a careers advice and guidance service could look like for UA92 students. Deliberately different, we are looking for someone who believes in not sticking with the status quo and can take the lead in providing a transformative careers service that has a positive impact on our students employability.
WHAT WE OFFER
- An empowering and agile working culture, enabling you to live your lifestyle, fuel your passions and do your best work
- A competitive salary
- 35 days of annual leave (including bank holidays) + 2 weeks paid leave over Christmas and New Years
- Birthday Leave, our gift to you!
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance with Aviva
- Annual Eye Care and Glasses Voucher with Specsavers
- Comprehensive Life Insurance with AIG
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- UA92 in the Community (three paid days leave for community/charity activity annually)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Perks and Discounts
- Access to onsite facilities (including an onsite gym and dance studio, coming in September 2022!)
- And much more!
We are Changing the Game. We Think Different and We Make Things Happen.
Developing world class facilities to serve the needs of our curriculum, like our state of the art Digital Academy, Media Labs and Sports Performance Centres. Pioneering industry integrated partnerships with heavyweights like Microsoft (who share the building with us), Talk Talk, KPMG, Lancashire County Cricket Club Emirates Stadium and Manchester United Football Club. We are continuously growing and expanding with innovative spaces, partnerships and courses for learning, collaboration, and innovation.
We are One Team. We Empower, Enable, Entrust and Engage all our People to do their Best Work.
At UA92, you will have the opportunity to make an impact in a place where innovation is constant, challenging convention is embraced, and the vision is big. We are proud to be One Team, interconnected in all we do to deliver an exceptional, inclusive, and highly accessible educational and higher education experience for all our students. If you are a values driven, forward-thinking, one team player with an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for social mobility through life-transforming, career-making higher education, then we are keen to hear from you!
At UA92 we believe in empowering, enabling, and entrusting all our colleagues to do your best work, whilst ensuring you find the balance to live the lifestyle of your choice. We believe working life and your personal life can live in harmony and complement one another, and we have worked hard to build a place and culture that promotes exactly that. A place that promotes individual wellness and wellbeing. A place where everyone can be themselves, where difference is not only welcome, but embraced. Where no idea is too big. We believe everyone benefits when everybody is in, and nobody is left out.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply via LinkedIn now with a copy of your CV. Cover letters are welcome, but optional.
UA92 values diversity and is committed to equal opportunities. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.