From the very beginning of the Computer Science programme, there will be a strong emphasis on software development, and you’ll gain a robust understanding of computer programming as a foundation.
As you progress, you’ll explore a wide range of subject areas including front and back-end development, cyber security, software design and global intelligent systems. You’ll learn new technologies, languages and approaches which will enable you to develop innovative computer-based systems in this rapidly evolving domain. In addition to technical capability, you’ll develop an understanding of complex business organisations, and explore the legal, social, environmental, ethical and professional challenges they face. You will learn to be an effective communicator and work collaboratively with interdisciplinary teams.
This course has been co-designed with industry partners and will continue to be reviewed and updated on a regular basis
A unique combination of theory and practice will empower you to:
- Confidently and competently develop software
- Adapt to a wide variety of disciplines, and decide your future direction.
- Apply your skills in practice in the workplace.
- Enjoy placement opportunities.
- Understand your leadership potential – and feel confident inspiring others to become their best.
You’ll be introduced to core theoretical concepts which will be contextualised by practical and project work.
- Case studies and simulations.
- Client presentations from industry partners.
- Practice-based sessions.
- Industry placements.
- Access to supported digital learning using Microsoft Teams.
- Problem-based learning based on client projects and business challenges.
- Group and individual projects
- Independent study and research.
- Practical project work.
- Work-based learning assessments, reports and reflective statements.
- Placement diaries and logbooks.
- Self-evaluations, peer evaluations.
Your UA92 degree goes far beyond the traditional academic experience.
UA92 provides you with more than just a degree, we aim to prepare you for life. Through the course you will study a series of subject modules but will also undertake our character and personal development curriculum, personal development coaching and industry experiences.
Our ambition is to take you on a personal development journey. It’s about discovering just how much you’re capable of, and graduating a better version of you. From leadership to resilience to effective team working, it’s all covered by our Character and Personal Development curriculum.
We want to help you develop far beyond the conventional Computer Science curriculum so you can rise fast, whatever career direction you choose.
You’ll build strong skills in:
- Emotional intelligence.
- Interpersonal and communication.
- Social intelligence.
- Leadership and management.
You can start this course in September, November or January.