DevOps engineer apprentices make sure an organisations technology and infrastructure achieves maximum availability and minimal downtime. You will learn software engineering disciplines to automate and codify infrastructure.
What is a Level 4 DevOps Apprenticeship?
DevOps Engineer Apprentices are responsible for ensuring that a business’s underlying technology and infrastructure is running smoothly and that software, systems and tools are working as expected to meet customer’s needs.
They also look after and monitor critical services and applications to ensure maximum availability and minimal downtime. Through our programme, apprentices will learn the DevOps culture and software engineering disciplines to automate and codify infrastructure.
Why should I become a DevOps Engineer?
The DevOps Engineer is one of the most exciting roles in the digital sector. It spans across multiple domains. The role can transform an organisation’s ability to deliver applications and services at pace and scale.
The Level 4 DevOps Apprenticeship will open up many opportunities for you to work across a range of IT roles.
The sector is leading the way on developing technologies like The Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI), big data, cloud, automation, microservices and serverless technologies.
DevOps aims to bring together the seamless collaboration between software development and IT infrastructure. The digital industry is a hive of activity and it’s time to step up and make your mark.
What skills will I learn?
- You will learn how to work as part of a team. You will understand the business environment for both the development and technical operations of a project.
- You will know and understand how to interpret design documentation and specifications defined. You will learn about different roles of an IT team such as a network engineer or system architect.
- You will develop an understanding of DevOps concepts, underpinned by industry standard vendor certified technology. This includes cyber security, Linux, automation, data analytics, containerisation, IoT, cloud and deployment.
- You will get access to a wide range of courses, infrastructure and labs from Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- You will have the opportunity to access additional learning and support through our vendor partnerships. These include Microsoft, CompTIA, the Linux Professional Institute (LPI) and the Cisco Networking Academy.
- You will get real life experiences to explore the core underlying DevOps concepts, skills and knowledge. This will help you to become proficient at creating and deploying applications through CI/CD tools.
What jobs or roles will I be able to do?
Dev Ops Apprentices typically take up roles such as Automation Engineer, Build and Release Engineer, Deployment Engineer, DevOps Engineer, Full-stack Developer, Infrastructure Engineer, Platform Engineer, Reliability Engineer and Site Reliability Engineer
Combining software development and IT operations helps to shorten the development lifecycle and ensure continuous delivery for your organisation.