During your Physical Education degree, you will draw upon key subject areas, exploring the typical areas in which sporting practitioners operate.
Discover how you can inspire others to embrace sport and fitness by making healthy choices, and learn how to teach and mentor the next generation of athletes. You’ll also learn how to work with a range of populations and engage them with healthy living, activity, physical fitness and well-being.
A unique combination of theory and practice will empower you to:
- Understand how young people and adults engage with sport and exercise.
- Support people to engage in new health and sports activities.
- Develop your skills in teaching, coaching and mentoring.
- Gain practical skills using the cutting-edge technology based in our Human Performance Hub.
- Develop your thinking and build presentation skills as you analyse the issues in sports education today.
- Gain professional qualifications alongside your degree.
Mostly hands-on, your learning experience will be delivered through internal and external practical work, such as workshops and fieldwork. Translating theory into practice, you will hone practical skills representative of an informed practitioner, capable of working with a diverse range of people.
- Group and individual tutorials.
- Lab sessions.
- Access to supported digital learning using Microsoft Teams.
- Independent study and research.
- Applied practice – in field practical experiences
- Work-based learning assessments, reports and reflective statements.
- Placement diaries and logbooks.
- Self-evaluations, peer evaluations.
Your UA92 degree goes far beyond the traditional academic experience.
UA92 provides you with more than just a degree, we aim to prepare you for life. Through the course you will study a series of subject modules but will also undertake our character and personal development curriculum, personal development coaching and industry experiences.
Our ambition is to take you on a personal development journey. It’s about discovering just how much you’re capable of, and graduating a better version of you. From leadership to resilience and effective team working, it’s all covered by our Character and Personal Development curriculum.
Thanks to our unique Character and Personal Development curriculum, you will build practical workplace skills that will make you ready for the world of work including:
- Emotional intelligence.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Social intelligence.
- Leadership and management styles for coaching and mentoring.
- Writing skills.
- Career planning and professionalism.
You can start this course in September, November or January.