Sept 23 / Nov 23 / Jan 24 / Feb 24 / Apr 24 / Jun 24
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
Experience university-level study, equivalent to the first of a degree. This new Digital Marketing Cert HE course will develop your knowledge and skills in marketing communications, reflecting the changes in industry demand for specialist digital marketeers.
With a Digital Marketing qualification you could become a Digital Marketing professional or specialise in a specific area such as content, SEO, Social Media, email, PR and Communications or Web Design.
By studying this Digital Marketing Certificate in Higher Education course, you will begin to understand the role of marketing within an organisation. You will be introduced to aspects of marketing processes and discover how they apply in real life situations. This course involves a significant amount of practical application and the opportunity to experience live client projects and case studies.
You will also:
- Examine current issues in marketing management and design.
- Understand the key concepts in marketing research.
- Develop skills to commission, manage, interpret and use marketing information.
- Explore a range of communication tools, such as Advertising, Direct Marketing, Personal Selling, PR and publicity.
- Get an insight into best practices when writing and designing for Digital, including websites, e-newsletters, social media or news articles.
HOW WILL YOU LEARN IT?
By studying a Digital Marketing Cert HE, you will gain a solid foundation for your chosen career path. There’s a strong focus on providing practically applicable skills that employers within the industry need and value. With both academic and practical experience, you will be prepared to unlock your future career aspirations.
- Develop practical broadcasting and production skills through the use of our specialist teaching zones (e.g. Media Lab and Podcasting booths).
- Your theoretical understanding will be enhanced by opportunities to learn, develop and demonstrate a wide range of practical and applied skills and competencies.
- You’ll work closely with our network of industry partners, who provide guest sessions, industry-based insight days and placements to UA92 students. Speakers include guests from the BBC, SKY, Reach and many more.
- No traditional end-of-year exams. Assessments will be practical and competency-based where possible* including individual and group work in a range of formats such podcasts, reports, audio and visual projects and presentations.
DEVELOP MORE THAN SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
UA92 provides you with more than just a degree, we aim to prepare you for life. In addition to your four subject modules, you’ll study an extra credit-bearing module, which focuses entirely on character and personal development.
- Take on a real-life project, based on a live scenario, set by one of our industry partners.
- Develop transferable skills and key competencies.
- Meet regularly with your own personal development coach.
HOW WILL YOU STUDY?
As a student on the one-year, Digital Marketing Cert HE course, your academic year is split into six blocks of which you will study for four. Each study block is six weeks long, therefore your course will be delivered over a total of 24 weeks.
- In each block you will study just 1 subject module, allowing you to focus your learning. You’ll study topics in depth, often working in small groups with academic experts and advanced practitioners.
- We offer a straightforward AM/PM timetable. If you are a morning student your classes will be from 9am-1pm every weekday except Wednesdays. Afternoon students, classes will be from 2pm-6pm.
- Digital Wednesdays are your time to catch up on independent learning, assignments, projects or play for your UA92 sports team.
Year 1 (Level 4)
Principles of Marketing
Writing and Designing for Digital
Level 3 Entry Requirements (CertHEs)
UCAS Points: 64
A Levels: CC (64 equivalent)
BTEC National Extended Diploma: MPP
BTEC Diploma: MM
T Levels: P (C+)
Scottish Advanced Highers: DD
IB: 24 points with 14 from Higher Level Subjects
IELTS: Overall score of 6.0, with no section lower than 5.5
Level 2 Entry Requirements (CertHEs)
All CertHEs, other than those listed below*: 2 GCSEs at Grade C/ 4 or above including English Language
Accepted Alternatives: Functional Skills Level 2 (English and Maths)