Jan 23 / Feb 23 / Apr 23 / Jun 23 | Sept 23 / Nov 23 / Jan 24 / Apr 24
2022/23 / 2023/24
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
Experience university-level study, equivalent to the first year of a degree. This course will will prepare you for a career in areas such as sports development, sports education and coaching, sports and leisure management, sports events management and sports marketing and public relations.
Studying a combination of interdisciplinary sports and management modules, you will be develop knowledge and skills to work towards a managerial role in the ever-expanding sport and activity industry.
- Develop an understanding of the contemporary sports industry from a business perspective and look at the skills needed to become an effective business leader.
- Examine a range of concepts related to the provision of sport in the UK – such as the role of marketing and responsible management in the sports environment.
- Explore the basics of psychology including biological bases of behaviour and the individual psychological differences which can be recognised in health and pathology.
HOW WILL YOU LEARN IT?
You will gain a solid foundation for your chosen career path, with a strong focus on providing practically applicable skills that employers within the industry need and value. With both academic and practical experience, you will be prepared to unlock your future career aspirations.
- Your theoretical understanding will be enhanced by opportunities to learn, develop and demonstrate a wide range of practical and applied skills and competencies.
- You’ll work closely with our industry partners such as KMPG, CIMA, Manchester United and Lancashire Cricket Club in order to gain a full insight into the business working environment.
- No traditional end-of-year exams. Assessments will be practical and competency-based where possible* including individual and group work in a range of formats such as case studies, essays, reports, literature reviews, reflective logs and diaries, self and peer evaluations, audio/visual projects and presentations.
DEVELOP MORE THAN SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
UA92 provides you with more than just a degree, we aim to prepare you for life. In addition to your four subject modules, you’ll study an extra credit-bearing module, which focuses entirely on character and personal development.
- Take on a real-life project, based on a live scenario, set by one of our industry partners.
- Develop transferable skills and key competencies.
- Meet regularly with your own personal development coach.
HOW WILL YOU STUDY?
As a student on the one-year, Cert HE course, your academic year is split into six blocks of which you will study for four. Each study block is six weeks long, therefore your course will be delivered over a total of 24 weeks.
- In each block you will study just 1 subject module, allowing you to focus your learning. You’ll study topics in depth, often working in small groups with academic experts and advanced practitioners.
- We offer a straightforward AM/PM timetable. If you are a morning student your classes will be from 9am-1pm every weekday except Wednesdays. Afternoon students, classes will be from 2pm-6pm.
- Digital Wednesdays are your time to catch up on independent learning, assignments, projects or play for your UA92 sports team.
Management and Organisations
Introduction to Sports Management and Marketing
Introduction to Sports and Exercise Psychology
Introduction to Sports Events Management
Level 3 Entry Requirements (CertHEs)
UCAS Points: 64
A Levels: CC (64 equivalent)
BTEC National Extended Diploma: MPP
BTEC Diploma: MM
T Levels: P (C+)
Scottish Advanced Highers: DD
IB: 24 points with 14 from Higher Level Subjects
IELTS: Overall score of 6.0, with no section lower than 5.5
Level 2 Entry Requirements (CertHEs)
All CertHEs, other than those listed below*: 2 GCSEs at Grade C/ 4 or above including English Language
Accepted Alternatives: Functional Skills Level 2 (English and Maths)
*CertHE Software Development: Maths at Grade C/4 must be one of the 2 GCSEs *CertHE Accounting: Maths at Grade C/4 must be one of the 2 GCSEs *CertHE Sports Performance: Maths at Grade C/4 must be one of the 2 GCSEs