Jan 23 / Feb 23
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
Experience university-level study, equivalent to the first year of a degree. This course will start your career path towards a range of roles including marketing, e-commerce, business development, management consultancy, project management or finance.
Studying a combination of interdisciplinary business and management modules, you will gain a detailed understanding of the factors which influence business decisions and how organisations are structured and managed, from small enterprises to FTSE 100 companies. You will be introduced to a combination of interdisciplinary business and management modules to enable you to:
- Understand organisational behaviours and structures and the basic principles of key business functions such as marketing, finance and people management.
- Master skills in financial reporting including the elements that make up financial statements and how they are prepared.
- Learn how to analyse the business environment by considering economic factors that impact an organisation.
HOW WILL YOU LEARN IT?
You will gain a solid foundation for your chosen career path, with a strong focus on providing practically applicable skills that employers within the industry need and value. With both academic and practical experience, you will be prepared to unlock your future career aspirations.
- Your theoretical understanding will be enhanced by opportunities to learn, develop and demonstrate a wide range of practical and applied skills and competencies.
- You’ll work closely with our industry partners such as KMPG and CIMA in order to gain a full insight into the business working environment.
- Assessments will be practical and competency-based where possible* including individual and group work in a range of formats such as case studies, essays, reports, literature reviews, reflective logs and diaries, self and peer evaluations, audio/visual projects and presentations. Business Management students will complete one exam during their studies.
DEVELOP MORE THAN SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
UA92 provides you with more than just a degree, we aim to prepare you for life. In addition to your four subject modules, you’ll study an extra credit-bearing module, which focuses entirely on character and personal development.
- Take on a real-life project, based on a live scenario, set by one of our industry partners.
- Develop transferable skills and key competencies.
- Meet regularly with your own personal development coach.
HOW WILL YOU STUDY?
As a student on the one-year, Cert HE course, your academic year is split into six blocks of which you will study for four. Each study block is six weeks long, therefore your course will be delivered over a total of 24 weeks.
- In each block you will study just 1 subject module, allowing you to focus your learning. You’ll study topics in depth, often working in small groups with academic experts and advanced practitioners.
- We offer a straightforward AM/PM timetable. If you are a morning student your classes will be from 9am-1pm every weekday except Wednesdays. Afternoon students, classes will be from 2pm-6pm.
- Digital Wednesdays are your time to catch up on independent learning, assignments, projects or play for your UA92 sports team.
Management and Organisations
Economics for Business
Introduction to Financial Accounting
Level 3 Entry Requirements (CertHEs)
UCAS Points: 64
A Levels: CC (64 equivalent)
BTEC National Extended Diploma: MPP
BTEC Diploma: MM
T Levels: P (C+)
Scottish Advanced Highers: DD
IB: 24 points with 14 from Higher Level Subjects
IELTS: Overall score of 6.0, with no section lower than 5.5
Level 2 Entry Requirements (CertHEs)
All CertHEs, other than those listed below*: 2 GCSEs at Grade C/ 4 or above including English Language
Accepted Alternatives: Functional Skills Level 2 (English and Maths)
*CertHE Software Development: Maths at Grade C/4 must be one of the 2 GCSEs *CertHE Accounting: Maths at Grade C/4 must be one of the 2 GCSEs *CertHE Sports Performance: Maths at Grade C/4 must be one of the 2 GCSEs