A unique combination of theory and practice will empower you to:
- Understand athletic performance across a range of sports.
- Learn how to monitor athletes and sports participants so you can support them to improve their performance and health.
- Develop practical skills using the cutting edge technology in our Human Performance Hub.
- Gain professional qualifications alongside your degree.
- Broaden your critical thinking and build your presentation skills, as you analyse the issues in sports today.
- As you progress, your developing interests and abilities will combine with practical application of advanced equipment, establishing skills vital to securing employment.
Your UA92 degree goes far beyond the traditional academic experience.
Our ambition is to take you on a personal development journey. It’s about discovering just how much you’re capable of, and graduating a better version of you. From leadership to resilience and effective team working, it’s all covered by our Character and Personal Development curriculum.
Our Human Performance Lab will be equipped with cutting-edge technology where you can develop your understanding of the human body.
This space will include:
- Running treadmills.
- Static cycles.
- Breath analysis equipment.
- Blood analysis equipment.
- Equipment for gait and biomechanics analysis.
- Timing gates.
This means you’ll be able to:
- Analyse the use of oxygen by athletes.
- Determine lactate threshold and VO2 max.
- Examine gait analysis data, which can be used to help alter walking or running style to prevent injury.
Yes, this course is available for part-time study from January 2020.
How can I apply for this course
You can apply for this course through a direct application form available via email at hello@UA92.ac.uk.
When will I study? Wednesdays, 9am - 6pm.
How will I study? You will study 3 modules of 30 credits each spread over 3 12 week blocks.
How much does it cost? £2250 per module, or £6750 per year (assuming 90 credits).
What about finance? Part-time students are entitled to Tuition fee loan but not maintenance funding. Full details can be found at www.gov.uk/student-finance/parttime-students.
I am an International Student, can I apply? This course is available to Home/EU students with no visa requirements. Unfortunately, international students can not apply for this course at this time.
Are the entry requirements the same as the full-time course?
You can start this course in November or January.