Apply now to start your studies in 2023. Call 0300 131 9292.
Sept / Nov / Jan / Feb / Apr / Jun
2023/24 / 2024/25
*In line with the UA92 Contextual Admissions Policy, UA92 can accept below the 104 UCAS Points stated above. Alternatively, we have alternate course options that we can discuss with you.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
This course will prepare you for sporting roles both in and out of education, whether you dream of becoming a PE teacher, or an educational practitioner or broader sports practitioner.
The BA (Hons) Physical Education degree course combines sport and exercise psychology, coaching, human anatomy and physiology, outdoor activities alongside core teaching and practice in Physical Education.
You will gain the necessary skills to deliver informed and engaging curriculum-based PE as well as extra-curricular sessions that provide a positive learning experience and develop a healthy and sporting nation.
A unique combination of theory and practice will empower you to:
- Understand and apply core principles of physical education which align to the National Curriculum (NC) and the National Curriculum for Physical Education (NCPE) in education.
- Explore the importance of combining physical education and sports and exercise science disciplines when promoting and supporting life-long physical activity engagement.
- Investigate and understand how young people and adults engage with physical education or the barriers preventing engagement.
- Develop and enhance your practical skills through regular delivery opportunities both in-house and in industry.
- Develop your understanding of the role and benefit of technology through use of our specialist multipurpose teaching zones (e.g. Performance Hub) and partner facilities.
HOW WILL YOU LEARN IT?
You will gain a solid foundation for your chosen career path, with a strong focus on providing practically applicable skills that employers within the industry need and value. With both academic and practical experience, you will be prepared to unlock your future career aspirations.
- Develop your understanding of the role and benefit of technology through use of our specialist multipurpose teaching zones (e.g., Performance Hub) and partner facilities.
- Your theoretical understanding will be enhanced by opportunities to learn, develop and demonstrate a wide range of practical and applied skills and competencies.
- You’ll work closely with local schools within and beyond our community as well as our industry partners such as Manchester United and Salford City FC, who provide guest sessions, industry-based insight days and placements to UA92 students.
- No traditional end-of-year exams. Assessments will be practical and competency-based where possible* including individual and group work in a range of formats such as case studies, essays, reports, literature reviews, reflective logs and diaries, self and peer evaluations, audio/visual projects and presentations.
DEVELOP MORE THAN SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
UA92 provides you with more than just a degree, we aim to prepare you for life. Each academic year, in addition to your four subject modules, you’ll study an extra credit-bearing module, which focuses entirely on character and personal development.
- Take on a real-life project, based on a live scenario, set by one of our industry partners.
- Experience first-hand the current issues facing the industry
- Develop transferable skills and key competencies such as leadership, resilience and well-being, communication, problem-solving and team-working.
- Meet regularly with your own personal development coach throughout years 1 & 2.
HOW WILL YOU STUDY?
As a student on a three-year, full-time, degree course your academic year is split into six blocks, of which you will study for four. Each study block is six weeks long, therefore your course will be delivered over a total of 24 weeks per year.
- In each block you will study just 1 subject module, allowing you to focus your learning. You’ll study topics in depth, often working in small groups with academic experts and advanced practitioners.
- We offer a straightforward AM/PM timetable. If you are a morning student your classes will be from 9am-1pm every weekday except Wednesdays. Afternoon students, classes will be from 2pm-6pm.
- Digital Wednesdays are your time to catch up on independent learning, assignments, projects or play for your UA92 sports team.
Level 4 (Year 1)
Introduction to Human Anatomy and Physiology
Introduction to Sport and Exercise Psychology
Introduction to Coaching Theory and Practice
Introduction to Teaching in Physical Education
Level 5 (Year 2)
Inclusive Physical Education
The Practice of Teaching in Physical Education
Science and Practice of Coaching
Sport and Exercise Psychology
Level 6 (Year 3)
Contemporary Issues in PE and Sport
Applied Teaching and Learning in Physical Education
Outdoor and Adventurous Activities (OAA)
Level 3 Entry Requirements (Degrees and Accelerated)
UCAS Points: 104
A Levels: BCC (104 equivalent)
BTEC National Extended Diploma: DMM
BTEC Diploma: D*D
T Levels: M
Scottish Advanced Highers: AB
IB: 28 points with 14 from Higher Level Subjects
IELTS: Overall score of 6.5, with no section lower than 5.5
Level 2 Entry Requirements (Degrees and Accelerated)
All degrees, other than those listed below*: 5 GCSEs at Grade C/4 or above including English Language
Accepted Alternatives: Functional Skills Level 2 (English and Maths)
*Please note, that if accepted onto this programme of study, students will need to complete and secure an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) application.
BASED AT OUR OLD TRAFFORD CAMPUS
Old Trafford Campus
This is where our story began, back in 2019. The UA92 Campus is in the heart of Old Trafford, Manchester. Inside there’s a fully equipped Sports Performance Centre, Media Studio and Digital Academy. The tram stop is a 1 minute walk, which gets you into the heart of Manchester city-centre in under 10 minutes.
Brian Statham Way