Grounded in theory, rich in practice, this programme will enable you to:
- Understand the place and practice of journalism in the rapidly changing context of contemporary media and social media.
- Build key critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills essential in a competitive professional environment.
- Develop wide-ranging knowledge of the production, meaning and consumption of various news media, including sport and investigative reporting.
- Gain practical reporting, editing and presenting skills across a range of digital media technologies, techniques and platforms.
- Become an ethically informed, critically minded and highly reflective practitioner.
While engaging with this degree you will gain theoretical understanding of the topics you are exploring, you will also have opportunities to learn, develop and demonstrate a wide range of practical and applied skills and competencies.
Assessments will include individual and group work which is undertaken and submitted, in a range of relevant formats, as coursework in-module. These will include essays, reports, literature reviews, reflective logs and diaries, self and peer evaluations, group and individual presentations along with subject-specific skills and competency assessment.
Your UA92 degree goes far beyond the traditional academic experience.
Our ambition is to take you on a personal development journey. It’s about discovering just how much you’re capable of, and graduating a better version of you. From leadership to resilience and effective team working, it’s all covered by our Character and Personal Development curriculum.
We’ll help you build practical skills that will see you graduate ready for the world of work. These include:
- Communication skills in multiple written and oral formats, such as board briefings, analyst presentations and written reports.
- The confidence to shine when giving client presentations.
- Emotional and social intelligence.
- Great people skills, and the ability to bring the figures to life for less numerate colleagues.
- Leadership and management skills.
- Writing – from essays to projects.
- Self-motivation and project management.