BSc (Hons) Accelerated
Sept 23 / Nov 23 / Jan 24 / Feb 24 / Apr 24 / Jun 24
2023/24 | 2024/25
This new course format will be delivered from September 2023. If you are looking to start the course before September 2023 please refer to Accounting and Business Accelerated BA (Hons).
*In line with the UA92 Contextual Admissions Policy, UA92 can accept below the 104 UCAS Points stated above. Alternatively, we have alternate course options that we can discuss with you.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
This interdisciplinary Accounting and Business Management degree course, will prepare you for a future in business or finance sectors.
Career paths include accountancy, auditing, tax advisory, wealth management, banking, business development, project management, marketing and organisational leadership.
You will study core accountancy modules, together with business management modules. Giving you an in depth understanding of the critical role of an accounting professional and how they operate in complex business organisations.
You will look at the factors that influence business decisions, how organisations are structured and the importance of financial reporting. As a result, you will be able to provide responsible financial or organisational leadership to a range of businesses from small enterprises to FTSE 100 companies.
This course will enable you to:
- Understand the critical role accounting and finance professionals play in achieving legal, ethical and efficient practices,
- Learn how to support innovation and manage resources to deliver outstanding results for organisations, investors and consumers
- Analyse the key societal, environmental and technological influences that impact businesses and the expectations for accountability
- Develop skills in management accounting and financial reporting
- Develop a broad understanding of organisational structures and how complex business organisations improve business performance or deliver efficiencies.
- Focus on contemporary issues such as operating in a global business environment and digitalisation.
HOW WILL YOU LEARN IT?
By studying the Accounting and Business Management Accelerated degree course, you will gain a solid foundation for your chosen career path. We put a strong focus on providing practically applicable skills that employers within the industry need and value. With both academic and practical experience, you will be prepared to unlock your future career aspirations.
- Enhance your theoretical understanding with opportunities to learn, develop and demonstrate a wide range of practical and applied skills and competencies.
- Work closely with our industry partners such as KMPG to gain a full insight into the business working environment.
- No traditional end-of-year exams. Assessments will be practical and competency-based where possible* including individual and group work in a range of formats such as case studies, essays, reports, literature reviews, reflective logs and diaries, self and peer evaluations, audio/visual projects and presentations.
DEVELOP MORE THAN SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
UA92 provides you with more than just a degree, we aim to prepare you for life. Each academic year, in addition to your six subject modules, you’ll study an extra credit-bearing module, which focuses entirely on character and personal development.
- Take on a real-life project, based on a live scenario, set by one of our industry partners.
- Experience first-hand the current issues facing the industry
- Develop transferable skills and key competencies such as leadership, resilience and well-being, communication, problem-solving and team-working.
- Meet regularly with your own personal development coach throughout years 1 & 2.
HOW WILL YOU STUDY?
As a student on the two-year Accounting and Business Management accelerated degree course, your academic year is split into six blocks. Each study block is six weeks long, therefore your course will be delivered over a total of 36 weeks per year.
- In each block you will study just 1 subject module, allowing you to focus your learning. You’ll study topics in depth, often working in small groups with academic experts and advanced practitioners.
- We offer a straightforward AM/PM timetable. If you are a morning student your classes will be from 9am-1pm every weekday except Wednesdays. Afternoon students, classes will be from 2pm-6pm.
- Digital Wednesdays are your time to catch up on independent learning, assignments, projects or play for your UA92 sports team.
Contemporary Business Environment
Principles of Financial and Management Accounting
Managing in the Digital World
Data and Decision Making
Managing Risk and Performance
Marketing and Digitalisation
- Financial Management and FinTech
Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Strategy and Ethical Leadership
Technology and Business Model Innovation
Level 3 Entry Requirements (Degrees and Accelerated)
UCAS Points: 104
A Levels: BCC (104 equivalent)
BTEC National Extended Diploma: DMM
BTEC Diploma: D*D
T Levels: M
Scottish Advanced Highers: AB
IB: 28 points with 14 from Higher Level Subjects
IELTS: Overall score of 6.0, with no section lower than 5.5
Level 2 Entry Requirements (Degrees and Accelerated)
All degrees, other than those listed below*: 5 GCSEs at Grade C/4 or above including English Language
Accepted Alternatives: Functional Skills Level 2 (English and Maths)
*BSc (Hons) Computer Science: Maths at Grade C/4 must be one of the 5 GCSEs *BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance: Maths at Grade C/4 must be one of the 5 GCSEs *BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science: Maths at Grade C/4 must be one of the 5 GCSEs