Sept 22 / Nov 22 / Jan 23 / Apr 23 | Sept 23 / Nov 23 / Jan 24 / Apr 24
2022/23 / 2023/24
*In line with the UA92 Contextual Admissions Policy, UA92 can accept below the 64 UCAS Points stated above. Alternatively, we have alternate course options that we can discuss with you.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
Experience university-level study, equivalent to the first year of a degree and benefit from an immersive learning experience co-designed with industry giant, Microsoft.
This course will begin to prepare you for a career as a computer analyst, software developer, computer programmer, technician, game developer, web designer or software engineer. With a strong emphasis on developing core programming skills, you will get to grips with new technologies, languages and approaches in this rapidly evolving digital domain.
This course will enable you to:
- Take a look at how software systems are developed and learn about the traditional software development lifecycle.
- Develop the skills to devise efficient algorithms and undertake practical exercises implementing algorithms in the Python programming language.
HOW WILL YOU LEARN IT?
You will gain a solid foundation for your chosen career path, with a strong focus on providing practically applicable skills that employers within the industry need and value. With both academic and practical experience, you will be prepared to unlock your future career aspirations.
- Your theoretical understanding will be enhanced by opportunities to learn, develop and demonstrate a wide range of practical and applied skills and competencies.
- You’ll work closely with our industry partners such as Microsoft in order to gain a full insight into the digital working environment. Microsoft also provide mentorship to students and online sessions, with other partners including TalkTalk and KPMG getting involved too with guest lectures.
- No traditional end-of-year exams. Assessments will be practical and competency-based where possible* including individual and group work in a range of formats such as case studies, essays, reports, literature reviews, reflective logs and diaries, self and peer evaluations, audio/visual projects and presentations.
DEVELOP MORE THAN SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
UA92 provides you with more than just a degree, we aim to prepare you for life. Each academic year, in addition to your four subject modules, you’ll study an extra credit-bearing module, which focuses entirely on character and personal development.
- Take on a real-life project, based on a live scenario, set by one of our industry partners.
- Experience first-hand the current issues facing the industry
- Develop transferable skills and key competencies such as leadership, resilience and well-being, communication, problem-solving and team-working.
- Meet regularly with your own personal development coach.
HOW WILL YOU STUDY?
As a student on the one-year, Cert HE course, your academic year is split into six blocks of which you will study for four. Each study block is six weeks long, therefore your course will be delivered over a total of 24 weeks.
- In each block you will study just 1 subject module, allowing you to focus your learning. You’ll study topics in depth, often working in small groups with academic experts and advanced practitioners.
- We offer a straightforward AM/PM timetable. If you are a morning student your classes will be from 9am-1pm every weekday except Wednesdays. Afternoon students, classes will be from 2pm-6pm.
- Digital Wednesdays are your time to catch up on independent learning, assignments, projects or play for your UA92 sports team.
Year 1 (Level 4)
Front End Development
Level 3 Entry Requirements (CertHEs)
UCAS Points: 64
A Levels: CC (64 equivalent)
BTEC National Extended Diploma: MPP
BTEC Diploma: MM
T Levels: P (C+)
Scottish Advanced Highers: DD
IB: 24 points with 14 from Higher Level Subjects
IELTS: Overall score of 6.0, with no section lower than 5.5
Level 2 Entry Requirements (CertHEs)
All CertHEs, other than those listed below*: 2 GCSEs at Grade C/ 4 or above including English Language
Accepted Alternatives: Functional Skills Level 2 (English and Maths)
*CertHE Software Development: Maths at Grade C/4 must be one of the 2 GCSEs *CertHE Accounting: Maths at Grade C/4 must be one of the 2 GCSEs *CertHE Sports Performance: Maths at Grade C/4 must be one of the 2 GCSEs