Sept / Nov / Jan / Feb / Apr / Jun
The modules for this course will change from September 2023. Please see below for module information.
*In line with the UA92 Contextual Admissions Policy, UA92 can accept below the 64 UCAS Points stated above. Alternatively, we have alternate course options that we can discuss with you.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
Experience university-level study, equivalent to the first year of a degree. This course will start your career path towards a range of roles including accountancy, auditing, tax advisor, wealth management, banking and business development.
You will be introduced to core accounting and finance topics to enable you to:
- Understand the critical role accounting and finance professionals play in achieving ethical and efficient practices,
- Develop knowledge in key areas such as law and regulations, governance and data protection,
- Master skills in financial reporting including the elements that make up financial statements and how they are prepared
- Understand how financial and managerial concepts are required to enable managers to make better decisions and the role of budgets in decision-making.
HOW WILL YOU LEARN IT?
You will gain a solid foundation for your chosen career path, with a strong focus on providing practically applicable skills that employers within the industry need and value. On completion of the course, you will be prepared to take the next steps in your career or progress onto the full degree programme.
- Enhance your theoretical understanding with opportunities to learn, develop and demonstrate a wide range of practical and applied skills and competencies.
- Work closely with our industry partners such as KPMG and CIMA to gain a full insight into the business working environment.
- No traditional end-of-year exams. Assessments will be practical and competency-based where possible* including individual and group work in a range of formats such as case studies, essays, reports, literature reviews, reflective logs and diaries, self and peer evaluations, audio/visual projects and presentations.
DEVELOP MORE THAN SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
UA92 provides you with more than just a degree, we aim to prepare you for life. In addition to your four subject modules, you’ll study an extra credit-bearing module, which focuses entirely on character and personal development.
- Take on a real-life project, based on a live scenario, set by one of our industry partners.
- Develop transferable skills and key competencies.
- Meet regularly with your own personal development coach.
HOW WILL YOU STUDY?
As a student on the 1-year, Cert HE course, your academic year is split into 6 blocks of which you will study for 4. Each study block is 6 weeks long, therefore your course will be delivered over a total of 24 weeks.
- In each block you will study just 1 subject module, allowing you to focus your learning. A Cert HE will give you a solid foundation of skills, often working in small groups with academic experts and advanced practitioners.
- We offer a straightforward AM/PM timetable. If you are a morning student your classes will be from 9am-1pm every weekday except Wednesdays. Afternoon students, classes will be from 2pm-6pm.
- Digital Wednesdays are your time to catch up on independent learning, assignments, projects or play for your UA92 sports team.
Level 4 modules
Business and Technology
Economics for Business
Introduction to Financial Accounting
Introduction to Management Accounting
Level 3 Entry Requirements (CertHEs)
UCAS Points: 64
A Levels: CC (64 equivalent)
BTEC National Extended Diploma: MPP
BTEC Diploma: MM
T Levels: P (C+)
Scottish Advanced Highers: DD
IB: 24 points with 14 from Higher Level Subjects
IELTS: Overall score of 6.5, with no section lower than 5.5
Level 2 Entry Requirements (CertHEs)
All CertHEs, other than those listed below*: 2 GCSEs at Grade C/ 4 or above including English Language
Accepted Alternatives: Functional Skills Level 2 (English and Maths)
*CertHE Software Development: Maths at Grade C/4 must be one of the 2 GCSEs *CertHE Accounting: Maths at Grade C/4 must be one of the 2 GCSEs *CertHE Sports Performance: Maths at Grade C/4 must be one of the 2 GCSEs
BASED AT THE UA92 BUSINESS SCHOOL
UA92 Business School
Our game-changing UA92 Business School in the city-centre of Manchester opened in September 2023. As our central hub for enterprise, it will transform the way we deliver our Business and Accounting courses. The campus is in the heart of Manchester’s thriving business district, less than one minute from Salford Central train station, and well connected to the rest of Manchester and beyond.
UA92 Business School